Sample Page from Say Yes to English 302kb download (less than 30 seconds on 28.8)
A Step-by-Step Instructional Guide to Speaking English With School Personnel
Includes Book and CD!
Say YES! To English is a 20-page workbook and audio CD that teaches your Spanish-speaking parents the English basics they need to communicate with you at school. Now, they can have endless practice at home! Affordable enough for each of your families, this resource will not only assist them with the very important task of speaking and understanding English at school, it will also open the lines of communication with you and encourage parental involvement.
Features of Say Yes! To English
- Basic overview of English vowels and varying sounds of the vowels.
- Consider all the different sounds of the -a: Considere todos los sonidos diferentes de la -a: AGE (edad)
- ABSENT (ausente)
- FATHER (padre)
- HALL (pasillo)
- PARENT (padre)
- TARDY (no llegar a tiempo)
- APPOINTMENT (cita)
- Overview of consonants and varying sounds of the consonants:
- GIRL (chica)
- GYM (gimnasio)
- GRADE (grado)
- GUARDIAN (tutor legal)
- Simple grammar explanation
There are FOUR words in Spanish. But, there is only one word in English!!
Hay 4 palabras en español. Pero, hay sólo una palabra en inglés.
el – the
la – the
los – the
las – the
Words that ask QUESTIONS
Las Palabras Interrogativas
WHO IS YOUR SON’S TEACHER?
¿Quién es el maestro de su hijo?
WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS?
¿Cuál es su dirección?
WHERE IS THE OFFICE, PLEASE?
¿Dónde está la oficina, por favor?
- Dates of U.S. holidays
- Days of the Week
- Months of the Year
- Required School Documents
- School Subjects & Supplies
- Health Vocabulary
- Family Members
- Common Expressions
- Telling Time
- Basic explanation of Verbs, Adjectives, Pronouns, Adverbs, Subjects & Objects
- Over 500 SCHOOL RELATED Vocabulary Words
- 60-minute Audio CD that includes several examples of conversations. These include:
- Introducing Yourself and Family Members
- Visiting School For The First Time
- Health Issues
- Practicing Conversations at School
- Leaving Phone Messages
- Several Dozen Questions To Practice And Ask At Your Next Parent/Teacher Conference
Check this out!
- All grammar explanations in both English & Spanish.
- TEXT IS simple & clear. THERE are NO big or difficult words!
- There are no hyphenated words in the workbook.
- Learners are continually reminded of the broad difference between written & spoken English.
- ALL grammar rules are simple and pertinent.
- ALL VOCABULARY, COMMON EXPRESSIONS & SAMPLE CONVERSATIONS PERTAIN TO SCHOOL AND SCHOOL ACTIVITIES.
- Audio CD will afford your parents endless practice at home!
- All speakers on the audio CD are native U.S. English-speakers.